Having purchased it in a state of disrepair, Moretons Investments completely refurbished this prestigious Grade II listed residential building. n.
When it came under our ownership, this substantial property in the heart of Brighton existed as a nine-bedroom house in multiple occupation (HMO), with three self-contained flats. We believed that the building would benefit from an upgrade to brand-new self-contained apartments, moving away from the former less glamorous HMO status. To keep the charm of the existing building, which was built around 1850, it had to be sympathetically refurbished throughout.
Planning permission was gained for 11 flats, which we developed as studio and one-bedroom apartments from 225 sq ft. The apartments were fitted with soft oak wood flooring throughout, and ornate original period features in the common areas.
Each featured recessed decorative pendant lighting, as well as Greenwich Gloss white kitchens with stainless steel-effect T-bar handles and white glass-effect square-edge worktops.
Following the granting of planning permission, all of the apartments were subsequently let out in their entirety under a residential accommodation contract. Works were completed in January 2016.
Contact us now to speak to one of our property management experts.